Skip to content
- ACS Publications (American Chemical Society) - American Chemical Society (ACS). Peer-reviewed journals with cutting-edge articles across a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines. Breadth and scope stretch across chemistry, physics, biology and more. Clarkson subscription includes journal content only, as well as the ACS Style Guide. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. 1876+
- Agriculture Collection - Broad coverage of agriculture and its related fields; current and authoritative content that spans the industry -- from practical aspects of farming to cutting edge scientific research in horticulture.
- AIAA Journals (American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics) - Premier provider of information on aerospace technology, engineering, and science. AIAA titles document the most important developments and the latest research in air and space history. Clarkson subscription is subset of journal titles only - not full selection. Coverage includes volume 1 to present.
- AIP/Scitation - Current, cutting edge research plus a deep archive of seminal physics content that supports the study and advancement of physics and related disciplines including physics, chemistry, geosciences, engineering, and acoustics. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. 1930 - present.
- APS Journals (American Physical Society) - Full text access to Physical Review Letters, Physical Review, and Reviews of Modern Physics. 1893+
- ASCE Journals (American Society of Civil Engineers) - Peer reviewed articles from journals in the field of civil engineering. Subscription includes only journal articles.
- ASME Journals (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) - Peer reviewed articles from journals in the field of mechanical engineering. Collection includes history of mechanical engineering research as well as cutting-edge discoveries being made today. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. 1960 to present.
- ASTM Standards (American Society for Testing and Materials Engineering) - Globally recognized voluntary consensus standards for a wide range of materials products, systems and services. IN-LIBRARY ACCESS ONLY at computer station near the Reference Desk. Please ask for assistance. 2011 edition.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library - This open access database provides the digitized archives of biodiversity literature held in a consortium of natural history and botanical libraries. Book and journal content. Coverage is prior to 1923.
- Biology Journals - Covers a wide range of biology topics including some of the most popular information resources for users in academic, government and public research environments. 1998 to current. Full Text Included
- BIOSIS Citation Index - A comprehensive biological sciences database. The online version of Biological Abstracts and Biological Abstracts/RRM. Over 6,000 journals, plus books and conference proceedings on a wide variety of biological and biomedical topics. Citations only; no full text. Areas of coverage include botany, ecology, zoology, microbiology, agriculture, biochemistry, biomedicine, bioengineering, health, sports medicine, experimental clinical medicine, and experimental veterinary medicine. 1926 - present.
- Chemical Abstracts Complete - An integrated, comprehensive collection of molecular substance information - chemical names & structures, properties, CAS registry numbers, regulatory info - reactions, and references (from journals and patents) in chemistry. Access to CAS is through SciFinder. You must register and create an acount. * Use a computer on the Clarkson network. * Use your Clarkson email address. After registering, you will be sent an email with instructions on accessing the system. Training and Support Also covers biochemistry and molecular biology, biotechnology, environmental science, toxicology, & medicine worldwide. 1907+ Selective material from the late 1800s. Links are provided to search for full text within Clarkson subscriptions.
- Civil Engineering Database - Aerospace Engineering; Architectural Engineering; Bridges; Cold Regions; Computer Practices; Construction; Earthquake Engineering; Education; Engineering Mechanics; Environmental Engineering; Forensic Engineering; Geotechnical Engineering; Geomechanics; Highways; Hydrology; Hydraulics; Irrigation and Drainage; Management; Materials Engineering; Structural Engineering; Transportation; Urban Planning; Water Resources; Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering. Clarkson subscription is journal content only. 1958+
- Compendex - Part of Engineering Village. The broadest and most complete engineering literature database available in the world. Provides a holistic and global view of peer reviewed and indexed publications (journal articles, conference proceedings, reports, book chapters, dissertations) with over 17 million records from 73 countries across 190 engineering disciplines. Links to some full text. 1884 - present.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics - An authoritative resource consisting of tables of data and current international recommendations on nomenclature, symbols, and units, its usefulness spans not only the physical sciences but also related areas of biology, geology, and environmental science.
- Derwent Innovations Index - Patent information from Derwent World Patent Index as well as patent citation information from Patents Citation Index. Comprehensive overview of inventions in the global marketplace in chemical, electrical, electronic, and mechanical engineering. 1963 - present.
- Diversity Studies Collection - Scholarly journals and magazines that explore cultural differences, contributions, and influences in the global community.
- General Science Collection - Scholarly journals and magazines covering the latest scientific developments. Key subjects covered by the database include biological sciences, computing, engineering, and technology.
- GreenFILE - Covers all aspects of human impact on the environment. Scholarly, governmental, and general-interest titles dating back to the 1970s include content on the environmental effects of individuals, corporations and local/national governments, and what can be done on each level to minimize negative impact. Topics covered include global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. GreenFILE is multidisciplinary and draws on the connections between the environment and a variety of disciplines such as agriculture, education, law, health and technology. Provides indexing and abstracts, as well as open access full text.
- IEEE Journals - Covers more than 30% of the world's literature in electrical engineering, electronics, computer science, information science, materials science, physical sciences and biomedical engineering. Abstract and citation info. available for transactions, conference proceedings, standards, and ebooks. Full text available for journals only.Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. Volume 1 to present for subscribed titles.
- Knovel - Essential industry technical reference handbooks in a variety of engineering disciplines. Full-text content includes materials and substance data, equations and interactive charts and graphs. 40+ titles.
- Nature Journals - A weekly international journal of science publishing the finest peer-review research in all fields of science and technology. Current Access to all Nature titles (with the exception of a 3 year rolling embargo on new titles added)
- Royal Society of Chemistry Journals (RSC) - Articles in biology, biophysics, chemical science, materials, medicinal drug discovery and physics from high-impact journals and books. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. 1841 to present.
- ScienceDirect - Full text articles in physical, life, cognitive, and social sciences as well as engineering. Includes Science Direct journal archives 1823-1994 and Science Direct Freedom Collection, 1995 - present.
- SciFinder-n - SciFinder is the research tool that provides access to Chemical Abstract Service (CAS) content; an integrated, comprehensive collection of molecular substance information (chemical names & structures, properties, CAS registry numbers, regulatory info.), reactions, and references (from journals and patents) in chemistry. Also covers biochemistry and molecular biology, biotechnology, environmental science, toxicology, & medicine worldwide. 1907+ Selective material from the late 1800s. Links are provided to search for full text within Clarkson subscriptions. You must register and create an account. * Use a computer on the Clarkson network. * Use your Clarkson email address. After registering, you will be sent an email with instructions on accessing the system. Training and Support SciFinder-n FAQ page Migrate your current saved answers and alerts from SciFinder Web Access the SciFindern quick start guide for a step-by-step journey into the product Watch our video collection of SciFindern How-To videos
- Scitation -AIP - Indexes content of publications of the AIP/APS/ASCE/ASME. Topics include Acoustics, Astronomy and astrophysics, Atomic and molecular physics, Biological physics, Condensed matter physics, Energy, General physics, Geophysics, Materials science, Mathematical physics. Nanotechnology, Nuclear physics, Optics and optical physics, Particle physics, Physical chemistry, Plasma physics, Quantum mechanics, Rheology and fluid dynamics, Society and organization, Statistical physics. American Institute of Physics (AIP). Current, cutting edge research plus a deep archive of seminal physics content that supports the study and advancement of physics and related disciplines including physics, chemistry, geosciences, engineering, and acoustics. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to.
- TLV-BEI Database - Guidelines designed support decision-making regarding safe levels of exposure to various chemical substances and physical agents found in the workplace. Access is restricted to in-library use only on a specific computer in the Clarkson Library - at the desk closest to the Reference Desk & stairs. Reference guides and manuals for use are also available at the Reference Desk.
- Transportation Research Information Database - Combines the records from TRBâ€™s Transportation Research Information Services (TRIS) Database and the OECDâ€™s Joint Transport Research Centreâ€™s International Transport Research Documentation (ITRD) Database. Provides access to more than one million records of transportation research worldwide.
- Web of Science Core Collection - Citations and abstract results to scholarly literature in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities as well as proceedings of international conferences, symposia, seminars, colloquia, workshops, and conventions. Ability for cited reference searching and author finder. Links out to full text if available through another database. 1970 - present.