Skip to content
- ABI/INFORM Complete - A comprehensive database that includes ABI/INFORM Global (1905-), ABI/INFORM Trade and Industry (1971-), and ABI/INFORM Dateline (1985-). Mostly full text journal articles, dissertations, working papers, market & industry reports, business oriented news, downloadable data. Business, economics, management theory, marketing, accounting,… Read More
- Academic OneFile - Peer-reviewed, full-text articles from journals and reference sources, with extensive coverage of the physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature, and other subjects. Also contains hundreds of podcasts and transcripts from NPR, CNN, and the CBC.
- Access Medicine - Leading medical texts covering a complete spectrum of medical care including internal medicine and medical diagnosis and treatment topics. 250+ procedural & examination videos, patient safety modules, audiofiles, and animations. Quick medical reference tools including diagnostic tests, a comprehensive drug… Read More
- Access Physiotherapy - 20+ leading physical therapy textbooks. 500+ narrated teaching videos on exercise and rehabilitation techniques, kinetics, and physical therapy interventions. Reference resources such as an interactive cadaver dissection tool, interactive self-assessment questionnaires, quick-answer common-condition outlines, and a comprehensive PT lecture series.
- Accounting, Tax & Banking Collection - This database brings together global scholarly journals with other key resources for access to reliable information in this continuously evolving area of study. Quickly locate precise results from sources ranging from current news to professional and academic journal articles covering… Read More
- ACM Digital Library (Association for Computing Machinery) - Comprehensive coverage of computing and information technology topics. Access to tables of contents, abstracts, reviews, and full text of papers published in ACM journals. Clarkson subscription is journal content only; does not include ebooks. 1969+
- ACS Publications (American Chemical Society) - American Chemical Society (ACS). Peer-reviewed journals with cutting-edge articles across a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines. Breadth and scope stretch across chemistry, physics, biology and more. Clarkson subscription includes journal content only, as well as the ACS Style Guide. Full… Read More
- Agriculture Collection - Broad coverage of agriculture and its related fields; current and authoritative content that spans the industry — from practical aspects of farming to cutting edge scientific research in horticulture.
- AIAA Journals (American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics) - Premier provider of information on aerospace technology, engineering, and science. AIAA titles document the most important developments and the latest research in air and space history. Clarkson subscription is subset of journal titles only – not full selection. Coverage includes… Read More
- AIO-Anthropological Index Online - This open access database indexes the content of nearly 4,000 periodical titles from the Anthropology library and Research Centre at the British Museum, as well as films from the Royal Anthropological Institute, covering all branches and areas of anthropology. No… Read More
- AIP/Scitation - Current, cutting edge research plus a deep archive of seminal physics content that supports the study and advancement of physics and related disciplines including physics, chemistry, geosciences, engineering, and acoustics. Full text access may not be available for all articles… Read More
- AMS Journals - Articles from Mathematics of Computation, Proceedings of the AMS, Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, Transactions of the AMS, and Notices and Bulletins of the AMS. 1996+
- APA PsycNet (American Psychological Association) - Abstracts and citations to the scholarly literature in the psychological, social, behavioral, and health sciences. Includes material of relevance to psychologists and professionals in related fields such as psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work.… Read More
- Applied Science & Business Periodicals Retrospective: 1913-1983 (H.W. Wilson) - Index and abstracts for core English-language, scientific and technical publications back to 1983. Full text of articles is available from periodicals dating back to 1997. Includes coverage of a wide variety of applied science specialties–acoustics to aeronautics, neural networks to… Read More
- APS Journals (American Physical Society) - Full text access to Physical Review Letters, Physical Review, and Reviews of Modern Physics. 1893+
- ArticleFirst (FirstSearch) - Popular culture, business, technology, science, medicine, humanities & social sciences journals. Provides citations and some links to full text. 1990 – present.
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science) - Leading arts and humanities journals with selected, relevant items from major science and social science journals. Art, music, literature, history. Citations only with links to full text where available. 1975 – present
- ASCE Journals (American Society of Civil Engineers) - Peer reviewed articles from journals in the field of civil engineering. Subscription includes only journal articles.
- Asian Business & Reference - Business and financial news from the eastern hemisphere. It covers Asian business and financial information from key international publications. 1971 to current. Full text included.
- ASME Journals (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) - Peer reviewed articles from journals in the field of mechanical engineering. Collection includes history of mechanical engineering research as well as cutting-edge discoveries being made today. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles… Read More
- ASTM Standards (American Society for Testing and Materials Engineering) - Globally recognized voluntary consensus standards for a wide range of materials products, systems and services. IN-LIBRARY ACCESS ONLY at computer station near the Reference Desk. Please ask for assistance. 2011 edition.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library - This open access database provides the digitized archives of biodiversity literature held in a consortium of natural history and botanical libraries. Book and journal content. Coverage is prior to 1923.
- Biology Journals - Covers a wide range of biology topics including some of the most popular information resources for users in academic, government and public research environments. 1998 to current. Full Text Included
- BIOSIS Citation Index - A comprehensive biological sciences database. The online version of Biological Abstracts and Biological Abstracts/RRM. Over 6,000 journals, plus books and conference proceedings on a wide variety of biological and biomedical topics. Citations only; no full text. Areas of coverage include… Read More
- Business Abstracts - Full-text articles from hundreds of key publications, and provides access to product evaluations, interviews, biographical sketches, corporate profiles, obituaries, surveys, statistical rankings, book reviews and reports from associations, societies, trade shows, conferences and more.
- Business Economics & Theory - Academic journals and magazines focusing on topics in economics and related fields. Emphasis is on titles indexed in the American Economic Association’s EconLit bibliography.
- Business Insights Essentials - Company and industry intelligence: detailed company and industry profiles including SWOT reports, market share reports, and financial reports; company histories; deep research reflected in scholarly journals, business news and more.
- Business Market Research Collection - Market and industry data – reports; top-line international market research overviews focusing on 40+ industries in more than 40 countries worldwide, including regional summaries. It provides market size, share, forecasts and segments. Full Text Included
- Canadian Business & Current Affairs (CBCA) - Canada’s reference and current events – scholarly journal articles, trade publications, dissertations, books, newspapers and magazines; 600 full text titles.
- Canadian Newsstream - This database offers unparalleled access to the full text of over 190 Canadian newspapers from Canada’s leading publishers. This full text database includes the complete available electronic backfile for most newspapers, providing full access to the articles, columns, editorials and… Read More
- Career & Technical Education - The definitive source for vocational information and career search resources. Consists of multiple databases and includes nearly 600 titles, with more than 500 available in full text for quick access to research on virtually any technical topic. Full Text Included.
- Chemical Abstracts Complete - An integrated, comprehensive collection of molecular substance information – chemical names & structures, properties, CAS registry numbers, regulatory info – reactions, and references (from journals and patents) in chemistry. Access to CAS is through SciFinder. You must register and create… Read More
- Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers - Search America’s historic newspapers from 1836 – 1922.
- CINAHL - Provides indexing for journals from the fields of nursing and allied health. Complete coverage of English-language nursing journals and publications from the National League for Nursing and the American Nurses’ Association. Nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health… Read More
- Civil Engineering Database - Aerospace Engineering; Architectural Engineering; Bridges; Cold Regions; Computer Practices; Construction; Earthquake Engineering; Education; Engineering Mechanics; Environmental Engineering; Forensic Engineering; Geotechnical Engineering; Geomechanics; Highways; Hydrology; Hydraulics; Irrigation and Drainage; Management; Materials Engineering; Structural Engineering; Transportation; Urban Planning; Water Resources; Waterway, Port,… Read More
- Cochrane Library - Medical reviews and protocol. It provides up-to-date information on the effects of interventions in health care and evidence to support decisions taking in health care and to those receiving health care. Search for systematic reviews, protocols, trials, methods studies, and… Read More
- Communications & Mass Media - Academic journals and magazines focusing on all aspects of the communications field. Key subjects covered include advertising and public relations, literature and writing, linguistics, and more.
- Compendex - Part of Engineering Village. The broadest and most complete engineering literature database available in the world. Provides a holistic and global view of peer reviewed and indexed publications (journal articles, conference proceedings, reports, book chapters, dissertations) with over 17 million… Read More
- Compustat - Provides more than 300 annual and 100 quarterly Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows, and supplemental data items on more than 24,000 publicly held companies.
- Computer Database - Leading business and technical publications in the computer, telecommunications, and electronics industries. Includes computer-related product introductions, news and reviews in areas such as hardware, software, electronics, engineering, communications, and the application of technology.
- Computing - Database design, software development, web commerce, LANs, WANs, intranets and the internet – journal articles. 1998 to current. Full Text Included
- Consumer Health - Consumer health – journal articles and magazines covering an enormous range of health subjects, from sports injuries to women’s health, from food and nutrition to midwifery, from eye care to dentistry Full Text Included
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics - An authoritative resource consisting of tables of data and current international recommendations on nomenclature, symbols, and units, its usefulness spans not only the physical sciences but also related areas of biology, geology, and environmental science.
- Criminal Justice - Criminology and criminal justice – journal articles. A comprehensive database supporting research on crime, its causes and impacts, legal and social implications, as well as litigation and crime trends. As well as U.S. and international scholarly journals, it includes correctional… Read More
- Criminal Justice Collection - Academic journals and magazines on topics in criminal justice and related fields. Key subjects covered in the database include law, law enforcement, security, and terrorism.
- CRSP - The Center for Research in Security Prices maintains the most comprehensive collection of security price, return, and volume data for the NYSE, AMEX and Nasdaq stock markets.
- Current Contents Connect - Complete tables of contents and bibliographic information from leading scholarly journals and books; also includes relevant, evaluated Web sites and documents. 1998 – present
- Data Citation Index - An array of research data, including data studies, data sets from a wide range of international data repositories. Coverage of social sciences, physical sciences, life sciences and arts and humanities. 1900 – present.
- Derwent Innovations Index - Patent information from Derwent World Patent Index as well as patent citation information from Patents Citation Index. Comprehensive overview of inventions in the global marketplace in chemical, electrical, electronic, and mechanical engineering. 1963 – present.
- Directory of Open Access Journals - Full-text, open-access, peer-reviewed scientific and scholarly journals, covering all subjects and many languages. Covers all scientific and scholarly subjects. From academic, government, commercial, non-profit, and private sources.
- Diversity Studies Collection - Scholarly journals and magazines that explore cultural differences, contributions, and influences in the global community.
- EBSCO Open Dissertations - OpenDissertations.org is a collaboration between EBSCO and BiblioLabs that brings an innovative approach to increasing traffic and discoverability of ETD research.
- EconLit - Full text for hundreds of journals including the American Economic Association journals with no embargo. In addition to extensive full-text coverage, the database contains indexing and abstracts for economic journals.
- EDGAR (SEC) - Public Company Information from the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Education (Ebsco) - Covers key areas of education and related fields of study. Content areas include educational specialties, administration, funding and more. Full text of articles from more than 530 journals, with full-text coverage dating back to 1996. Also includes indexing for more… Read More
- Education Journals (ProQuest) - Abstracts and indexing of over 900 education journals, many in full-text. Coverage spans the literature on primary, secondary and higher education as well as special education, home schooling and adult education. Many titles are indexed in the ERIC database.
- Education Research Complete - Designed for educators, administrators, and those seeking professional development resources, this bibliographic and full-text database covers scholarly research relating to all areas of education. Covers the areas of curriculum instruction, administration, policy, funding, and related social issues. Topics covered include… Read More
- Educator's Reference Complete - This collection of more than 1,100 periodicals and 200 reports is a great resource for any educator–from the school teacher and administrator to those studying in the field at the collegiate and graduate level. Educator’s Reference Complete seeks to provide… Read More
- Electrochemical Society Interface (ECS)
- Encyclopedia Brittanica
- Engineering Village - Combined platform for searching Compendex and Inspec databases. Citations & abstracts. Links to some full text.
- Environmental Studies and Policy Collection - Scholarly journals, magazines, and other reference sources covering environmental issues and policies. The database includes diverse perspectives from the scientific community, governmental policymakers, and corporate interests.
- ERIC - Free education-related sources of interest to educators, researchers, and the general public. Primarily electronic bibliographic records describing journal and non-journal literature. US Dept. of Education. Some full text. 1966+
- European Business - Business, Finance, Economics – journal articles and magazines – the latest European business and financial information. Includes quality resources such as The Economist, Fortune and European Business Journal. 1971 to current. Full Text Included
- Expanded Academic ASAP - Scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers across disciplines, including arts & humanities, social sciences, science & technology. Some full text. 1980 – present.
- Fine Arts & Music - Scholarly journals and magazines that support research in areas including drama, music, art history, and filmmaking. The database emphasizes full-text content for publications included in the Wilson Art Index and RILM bibliography.
- Free Medical Journals - Journals are searchable by topic, year, and when content is freely available.
- Gale OneFile News - Periodical and news information on a diverse set of topics, including humanities, education, business, science, current events, art, politics, economics, social science, law, health care, computers, technology, environmental issues and general interest topics. Includes list of journals accessed.
- Gender Studies Collection - The database offers access to scholarly journals and magazines covering topics including gender studies, family and marital issues, and more. Balanced coverage of this significant aspect of culture and society.
- General OneFile - Periodical and news information on a diverse set of topics, including humanities, education, business, science, current events, art, politics, economics, social science, law, health care, computers, technology, environmental issues and general interest topics. Includes list of journals accessed.
- General Science Collection - Scholarly journals and magazines covering the latest scientific developments. Key subjects covered by the database include biological sciences, computing, engineering, and technology.
- Google Scholar
- GreenFILE - Covers all aspects of human impact on the environment. Scholarly, governmental, and general-interest titles dating back to the 1970s include content on the environmental effects of individuals, corporations and local/national governments, and what can be done on each level to… Read More
- Health & Medical Complete - Clinical and biomedical, consumer health, health administration, etc.; comprehensive journal coverage of clinical and biomedical topics, consumer health, health administration and more. Full Text Included
- Health & Medicine Reference - Medical and professional periodicals, health and fitness magazines, and reference books and pamphlets. The database is designed for both nursing and allied health students as well as consumer health researchers. The material contained in this database is intended for informational… Read More
- Healthcare Administration - A collection of reliable and relevant resources in the field of health administration, including journals and dissertations. Full Text Included
- HeinOnline - HeinOnline is a premier online database containing more than 158 million pages and 200,000 titles of historical and government documents in a fully searchable, image-based format. HeinOnline bridges an important research gap by providing comprehensive coverage from inception of more… Read More
- HeinOnline Democracy in America
- HeinOnline Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture, & Law - This HeinOnline collection brings together a multitude of essential legal materials on slavery in the United States and the English-speaking world.
- Hoover's Company Profile - Company research, key executives, financial data, competitors, history, etc. – company data This database contains proprietary information about more than 40,000 public and non-public companies and 225,000 key executives. Hoover’s, widely recognized as a leader in company data, delivers in… Read More
- Hospitality, Tourism, & Leisure Collection - Scholarly journals, magazines, and trade publications that cover topics including the cultural and economic aspects of travel and tourism. Current and relevant content that provides well-rounded coverage of both the historical and current state of affairs in the hospitality and… Read More
- Humanities & Social Sciences Index Retrospective - Citations to journal articles and book reviews covering a wide range of interdisciplinary fields from a broad array of humanities and social sciences journals. 1907 – 1984.
- IEEE Journals - Covers more than 30% of the world’s literature in electrical engineering, electronics, computer science, information science, materials science, physical sciences and biomedical engineering. Abstract and citation info. available for transactions, conference proceedings, standards, and ebooks. Full text available for journals… Read More
- IngentaConnect - A comprehensive multi-disciplinary document delivery service providing access to thousands of online journals from leading scholarly, academic and business publishers. Article abstracts and citations only. No full text.
- Inspec - A comprehensive multi-disciplinary document delivery service providing access to thousands of online journals from leading scholarly, academic and business publishers. Article abstracts and citations only. No full text.
- Institute of Physics eBook Collection
- Insurance & Liability Collection - Academic journals and trade publications covering the insurance industry and topics such as labor relations, mortgage banking, legal issues, and more.
- International Newsstream - International Newsstream provides the most recent news content outside of the US and Canada, with archives which stretch back decades featuring newspapers, newswires, and news sites in active full-text format
- IoP - Historic and current journals published by the Institute of Physics, 1874-present. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to.
- Journal Citation Reports (Web of Science) - Journal Citation Reports aggregates the meaningful connections of citations created by the research community through the delivery of a rich array of publisher-independentâ€¯data, metrics and analysis of the worldâ€™s most impactful journals included in the Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE)… Read More
- JSTOR - Interdisciplinary archive of leading academic journals across the humanities, social sciences, and sciences. Includes images, letters, and other primary sources; begins with volume 1 of subscribed titles up to 3-5 years ago of publication. Current content not available. Clarkson journal… Read More
- Kanopy - Watch over 30000 Documentaries, Classic and Indie Films. On Desktop, Mobile and Roku for Students, Professors & Library Patrons.
- KCI Korean Journal Database - KCI is managed by the National Research Foundation of Korea and contains bibliographic information for multidisciplinary scholarly literature published in Korea. Citations only with links to full text where available. 1980 – present.
- Kids InfoBits - Contains over 100 age-appropriate magazines for grades K-5. Also includes Merriam-Webster’s Elementary Dictionary, maps, flags, seals, charts and graphs.
- Kirk-Othemer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology - Engineering Handbook
- Knovel - Essential industry technical reference handbooks in a variety of engineering disciplines. Full-text content includes materials and substance data, equations and interactive charts and graphs. 40+ titles.
- Lexis Advanced - Due to licensing restrictions access to this database is limited. Please contact the library at email@example.com. Build strong legal intelligence with access to more than 60,000 trusted legal, news, business and public records sources.
- MathSciNet - Reviews, abstracts, and citation information for much of the peer-reviewed mathematical sciences literature (articles and books). Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. 1940 to present.
- Medline via FirstSearch - The United States National Library of Medicine (NLM) life science database. Biomedicine and life sciences, bioengineering, public health, clinical care, and plant and animal science. Can be searched with MeSH terms and CAS registry numbers. Provides citations and abstracts. Medline… Read More
- Medline via Web of Science - The United States National Library of Medicine (NLM) life science database. Biomedicine and life sciences, bioengineering, public health, clinical care, and plant and animal science. Can be searched with MeSH terms and CAS registry numbers. Provides citations and abstracts. Medline… Read More
- Mergent - Business and financial information for over 23,000 U.S. and international companies. 30 years of historical stock prices are available. SEC filings (real-time and archived to 1993) are included for the 10,000+ NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ exchange companies. Financials for 15… Read More
- Military Collection - Full-text titles from around the world, including scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings, government publications, and more.
- Military Intelligence Database - Scholarly journals, magazines, and reports covering all aspects of the past and current state of military affairs. Content in key subject areas including governmental policies, the socioeconomic effects of war, the structure of the armed forces, and more.
- National Technical Reports Library (NTRL) - Index to technical publications from the U.S. government. Includes full text reports from 1995 and select full text for earlier publications.
- Nature Journals - A weekly international journal of science publishing the finest peer-review research in all fields of science and technology. Current Access to all Nature titles (with the exception of a 3 year rolling embargo on new titles added)
- New York State Newspapers - Buffalo News; Herald American, Herald-Journal, and Post-Standard (Syracuse, NY); New York Observer, New York Post, & New York Times (New York, NY)
- New York Times - Clarkson University has digital access to The New York Times via ProQuest Central. Please visit The New York Times guide for more information on how to access articles and how to set up alert emails.
- Northern New York History Newspapers - Provided by the Northern New York Library Network to enhance access to the region’s unique local history.
- Nursing & Allied Health Collection - Academic journals and other reference content covering all aspects of the nursing profession, from direct patient care to health care administration. Current and authoritative content for professionals already working in the field as well as students pursuing a nursing-focused curriculum.
- Nursing & Allied Health Source - Reliable, comprehensive coverage of the fields of nursing and allied health including journals, video, dissertations, reference books and more. Full Text Included
- Omnifile Full Text Select - Covers applied sciences, art, biology and agriculture, education, humanities, law, social sciences, technology, history, ethnic studies, and women’s studies. Full text article access. 1994+
- Opposing Viewpoints - Provides full text access to differing points of view on current social issues. Brings together viewpoint articles, contextual topic overviews, government and organizational statistics, biographies of social activists, court cases, profiles of government agencies and special interest groups, newspaper and… Read More
- OT Seeker - (Open Access) Published in Australia, this a public database that “contains abstracts of systematic reviews, randomized controlled trials and other resources relevant to occupational therapy interventions. Most trials have been critically appraised for their validity and interpretability”.
- OverDrive eBook Collection - Current bestseller and popular fiction, non-fiction and current event titles, biographies, and language learning. Download ebook and MP3 audiobook titles for offline access. Read or listen on your computer, phone, iPad, or tablet.
- Oxford English Dictionary - The definitive record of the English language.
- PEDro - (Open Access) PEDro is a public, “Physiotherapy Evidence Database of over 29,00 randomized trials, systemic reviews and clinical practice guidelines in physiotherapy”. Partnered with the APTA & affiliated with the University of Sydney. Updated monthly.
- Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine - Academic journals and magazines covering the fields of fitness and sports. Includes a wide spectrum of information, including proven treatment techniques, experimental research, and more.
- PIVOT - YOU MUST CREATE A PERSONAL USER ACCOUNT Locating and securing research funding is becoming increasingly competitive, as funding opportunities are limited and the number of researchers vying for those dollars continues to grow. Pivotâ„¢ answers the growing demands on research… Read More
- Political Science - Hundreds of leading political science and international relations journals, providing full-text of many core titles indexed in Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. In addition, over a thousand recent full-text doctoral dissertations on political science topics are included, together with working papers,… Read More
- Pop Culture Collection - Scholarly journals and magazines that both analyze and contribute to popular culture. Useful information for researchers in social science, history, art or liberal arts courses.
- Popular Magazines - Popular magazine content for a general audience. Search over 1,500 titles. Not scholarly articles.
- ProQuest Central - Covers more than 160 subjects areas and features a diversified mix of content including scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, books, newspapers, reports and videos. Full-text and citation results.
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Ebooks in a broad range of subject areas.
- ProQuest Research Library - A subset of ProQuest Complete. A diversified mix of scholarly journals, professional and trade publications, and magazines covering over 150 subjects and topics. in all instances. Full text included.
- Psychology Collection - Academic journals and magazines that cover the study of emotions, personality, and the human mind. Content of interest to both researchers and general users.
- Psychology Journals - Abstracts and indexing for more than 640 titles, with over 540 titles available in full text. Many titles are indexed in PsycINFO. Coverage ranges from behavioral, clinical, cognitive, developmental, experimental, industrial and social psychology, along with personality, psychobiology and psychometrics.
- PsycNET - Abstracts and citations to the scholarly literature in the psychological, social, behavioral, and health sciences. Includes material of relevance to psychologists and professionals in related fields such as psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work.… Read More
- PubMed - Articles in all fields of medicine and biomedicine, with abstract and links to additional resources from the National Library of Medicine. 1950+
- Reader's Guide Retrospective (1890-1982) - Articles in US and Canadian popular magazines, 1890-1982.
- REHABDATA - (Open Access) A literature database on disability and rehabilitation. It covers physical, mental, and psychiatric disabilities, independent living, vocational rehabilitation, special education, assistive technology, law, employment, and other issues as they relate to people with disabilities.
- Religion - A wide range of international periodicals for diverse religious and spiritual studies, covering formal theological studies of major religions, as well as the most recent trends and scholarly thought. Included are titles from religious publishing bodies and nondenominational organizations. The… Read More
- Religion & Philosophy Collection - Scholarly journals and magazines of interest to both researchers and general users. Balanced content that covers topics across a wide range of philosophies and religions.
- Research in Context - Created specifically for middle school students, Research In Context combines the best of Gale’s reference content with age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and much more. Categories cover a range of the most-studied topics including cultures, government, people, U.S. and… Read More
- Royal Society of Chemistry Journals (RSC) - Articles in biology, biophysics, chemical science, materials, medicinal drug discovery and physics from high-impact journals and books. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. 1841 to present.
- Sage Journals - Journals in business, humanities, social sciences, science, technology, and medicine. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. Volume 1 to present for subscribed titles.
- SciELO Citation Index - Scholarly literature in sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities published in leading open access journals from Latin American, Portugal, Spain and South Africa. Citations only. 1997 – present.
- Science Citation Index (Web of Science) - Leading scholarly literature across more than 150 scientific disciplines. Covers agriculture, astronomy, biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, genetics, geology, materials science, mathematics, medicine, neuroscience, oncology, pediatrics, pharmacology, physics, plant sciences, psychiatry, surgery, veterinary science, and zoology. Citations only… Read More
- Science Journals - Content from over 1030 applied and general science journal titles, with more than 760 available in full text.
- Science.gov - Searches over 60 databases and over 2,200 scientific websites to provide users with access to more than 200 million pages of authoritative federal science information including research and development results.
- ScienceDirect - Full text articles in physical, life, cognitive, and social sciences as well as engineering. Includes Science Direct journal archives 1823-1994 and Science Direct Freedom Collection, 1995 – present.
- SciFinder - SciFinder is the research tool that provides access to Chemical Abstract Service (CAS) content; an integrated, comprehensive collection of molecular substance information (chemical names & structures, properties, CAS registry numbers, regulatory info.), reactions, and references (from journals and patents) in… Read More
- Scitation -AIP - Indexes content of publications of the AIP/APS/ASCE/ASME. Topics include Acoustics, Astronomy and astrophysics, Atomic and molecular physics, Biological physics, Condensed matter physics, Energy, General physics, Geophysics, Materials science, Mathematical physics. Nanotechnology, Nuclear physics, Optics and optical physics, Particle physics, Physical… Read More
- SIAM - Applied mathematics and computational science. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. No ebooks are included in this subscription.
- Skillsoft Books - Leading computing, technical and business titles (including software manuals), as well as desktop videos on a variety of IT topics. This database requires setting up an account within the interface. You must use your Clarkson email address to register but… Read More
- Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law - Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law brings together, for the first time, all known legal materials on slavery in the United States and the English-speaking world, as well as materials on free African-Americans in the colonies… Read More
- Small Business Collection - Academic journals and magazines perfect for both business school students and entrepreneurs. Content includes insights, tips, strategies and success stories.
- Small Business Reference Center - A comprehensive resource for small business owners and those interested in starting a business, offering full-text periodicals and reports, sample business plans, U.S. tax forms, videos and reference books. It supports small business owners in all relevant areas from planning,… Read More
- Social Science Citation Index - Leading journal content in over 50 social science disciplines. Citations only with links to full text where available. 1970 – present.
- Social Science Database (ProQuest) - Indexing and full text for hundreds of academic journals, providing extensive coverage across a wide range of social science disciplines including anthropology, criminology, economics, education, political science, psychology, social work and sociology.
- Social Science Research Network - Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is a world wide collaborative of over 241,000 authors and more than 1.7 million users that is devoted to the rapid worldwide dissemination of social science research. Founded in 1994, it is composed of a… Read More
- Sociology - International literature of sociology and social work, including culture and social structure, history and theory of sociology, social psychology, substance abuse and addiction and more. This collection provides full-text coverage of many core titles included in Sociological Abstracts and Social… Read More
- Springer Journals - Subjects covered include Architecture and Design, Behavioral Science, Biomedical & Life Sciences, Business & Economics, Chemistry & Materials Science, Computer Science, Earth & Environmental Science, Engineering, Humanities, Social Sciences & Law, Mathematics & Statistics, Medicine, Physics & Astronomy, Professional Computing… Read More
- Statista - This database, Statista, provides over 1.5 million statistics in 500+ subject areas. These statistics cover worldwide markets and industries as well as societal topics. Data is presented in easy to use and understand charts, tables, graphs and other infographics. This… Read More
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S. (ProQuest) - The ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States is the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political and economic conditions of the United States.
- Telecommunications - Telecommunications – journal articles, magazines and newsletters; includes over 140 titles, with more than 115 available in full text. Search more than 600,000 records, dating back to the early 1990’s.
- The New York Times - Clarkson University has digital access to The New York Times via ProQuest Central. Please visit The New York Times guide for more information on how to access articles and how to set up alert emails.
- TLV-BEI Database - Guidelines designed support decision-making regarding safe levels of exposure to various chemical substances and physical agents found in the workplace. Access is restricted to in-library use only on a specific computer in the Clarkson Library – at the desk closest… Read More
- Transportation Research Information Database - Combines the records from TRBâ€™s Transportation Research Information Services (TRIS) Database and the OECDâ€™s Joint Transport Research Centreâ€™s International Transport Research Documentation (ITRD) Database. Provides access to more than one million records of transportation research worldwide.
- TRIP Database - A clinical search engine designed to allow users to quickly and easily find and use research evidence. Content types include images, videos, patient information leaflets, educational courses and news. Sources from 1997 – present
- U.S. History Collection - Scholarly journals and magazines useful to both novice historians as well as advanced academic researchers. Balanced coverage of events in U.S. history and scholarly work being established in the field.
- UpToDate - An evidence-based clinical tool that provides current options for diagnosis, therapy, and treatment at the point of patient care. Includes drug efficacy, doses, and interactions as well as screening and prevention strategies. NOTE: UpToDate can be accessed from any computer… Read More
- US Newsstream - US Newsstream enables users to search the most recent premium U.S. news content, as well as archives which stretch back into the 1980s featuring newspapers, newswires, blogs, and news sites in active full-text format. For academic and public libraries, US… Read More
- Vocations & Careers Collection - Journals and magazines that aid users in researching a vocation, finding an appropriate institution of learning, job searching, and maintaining a career. Current and applicable content from general career guides to highly specialized industry journals.
- Wall Street Journal - This publication’s detailed indexing helps users quickly find the news information they need. Each issue is indexed thoroughly, so they have access to not only top news stories but also the information contained on the various sections of the paper.… Read More
- War & Terrorism Collection - Academic journals and magazines of interest to analysts, risk management professionals, and students of military science, history, and social science. Balanced coverage of both historic and contemporary topics in the fields of war and terrorism.
- Web of Science Core Collection - Citations and abstract results to scholarly literature in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities as well as proceedings of international conferences, symposia, seminars, colloquia, workshops, and conventions. Ability for cited reference searching and author finder. Links out to full… Read More
- Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) - Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) is a data research platform that provides single-point access to a wide range of datasets across multiple disciplines including finance, accounting, economics, and sustainability.
- Wiley Journals - Covers business; chemistry; computer science; earth and environmental science; education; engineering; law; life sciences; mathematics and statistics; medicine and healthcare; physics and astronomy; polymers and materials science; psychology; and social sciences. Clarkson subscription is to journals only. Full text access… Read More
- World History Collection - Scholarly journals and magazines useful to both novice historians as well as advanced academic researchers. Balanced coverage of events in world history and scholarly work being established in the field.
- Zoological Record - Taxonomic reference and animal biology.Citations only with links to full text where available. 1864 – present.