Skip to content
- APA PsycNet (American Psychological Association) - Abstracts and citations to the scholarly literature in the psychological, social, behavioral, and health sciences. Includes material of relevance to psychologists and professionals in related fields such as psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work. Journal articles, books, chapters, and dissertations. 1926 to present. Contains subset databases PsycArticles and PsycINFO. Access to vol. 1-present of all journals published by the APA. Full text access may not be available for all articles offered by publishers other than APA; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to.
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science) - Leading arts and humanities journals with selected, relevant items from major science and social science journals. Art, music, literature, history. Citations only with links to full text where available. 1975 - present
- Education (Ebsco) - Covers key areas of education and related fields of study. Content areas include educational specialties, administration, funding and more. Full text of articles from more than 530 journals, with full-text coverage dating back to 1996. Also includes indexing for more than 1,000 periodicals dating back to 1982. Features in-depth coverage of special education, with more than 30 full-text journals dedicated to this important topic.
- Education Journals (ProQuest) - Abstracts and indexing of over 900 education journals, many in full-text. Coverage spans the literature on primary, secondary and higher education as well as special education, home schooling and adult education. Many titles are indexed in the ERIC database.
- Education Research Complete - Designed for educators, administrators, and those seeking professional development resources, this bibliographic and full-text database covers scholarly research relating to all areas of education. Covers the areas of curriculum instruction, administration, policy, funding, and related social issues. Topics covered include all levels of education from early childhood to higher education, and all educational specialties, such as multilingual education, health education, and testing. This database also includes full text for books, monographs and numerous education-related conference papers.
- Educator's Reference Complete - This collection of more than 1,100 periodicals and 200 reports is a great resource for any educator--from the school teacher and administrator to those studying in the field at the collegiate and graduate level. Educator's Reference Complete seeks to provide full text for titles in the Eric database and covers multiple levels of education from preschool to college, and every educational specialty--such as technology, bilingual education, health education, and testing. It also provides insight on issues in administration, funding, and policy.
- Fine Arts & Music - Scholarly journals and magazines that support research in areas including drama, music, art history, and filmmaking. The database emphasizes full-text content for publications included in the Wilson Art Index and RILM bibliography.
- Gender Studies Collection - The database offers access to scholarly journals and magazines covering topics including gender studies, family and marital issues, and more. Balanced coverage of this significant aspect of culture and society.
- JSTOR - Interdisciplinary archive of leading academic journals across the humanities, social sciences, and sciences. Includes images, letters, and other primary sources; begins with volume 1 of subscribed titles up to 3-5 years ago of publication. Current content not available. Clarkson journal collections include Arts & Sciences I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, Business III, & Life Sciences. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to.
- Kids InfoBits - Contains over 100 age-appropriate magazines for grades K-5. Also includes Merriam-Webster's Elementary Dictionary, maps, flags, seals, charts and graphs.
- Omnifile Full Text Select - Covers applied sciences, art, biology and agriculture, education, humanities, law, social sciences, technology, history, ethnic studies, and women's studies. Full text article access. 1994+
- Opposing Viewpoints - Provides full text access to differing points of view on current social issues. Brings together viewpoint articles, contextual topic overviews, government and organizational statistics, biographies of social activists, court cases, profiles of government agencies and special interest groups, newspaper and magazine articles, as well as links to more than 1,800 reviewed and subject-indexed web sites. 1980 - present.
- ProQuest Central - Covers more than 160 subjects areas and features a diversified mix of content including scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, books, newspapers, reports and videos. Full-text and citation results.
- ProQuest Research Library - A subset of ProQuest Complete. A diversified mix of scholarly journals, professional and trade publications, and magazines covering over 150 subjects and topics. in all instances. Full text included.
- Psychology Collection - Academic journals and magazines that cover the study of emotions, personality, and the human mind. Content of interest to both researchers and general users.
- Psychology Journals - Abstracts and indexing for more than 640 titles, with over 540 titles available in full text. Many titles are indexed in PsycINFO. Coverage ranges from behavioral, clinical, cognitive, developmental, experimental, industrial and social psychology, along with personality, psychobiology and psychometrics.
- PsycNET - Abstracts and citations to the scholarly literature in the psychological, social, behavioral, and health sciences. Includes material of relevance to psychologists and professionals in related fields such as psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work. Journal articles, books, chapters, and dissertations. 1926 to present. Contains subset databases PsycArticles and PsycINFO. Access to vol. 1-present of all journals published by the APA. Full text access may not be available for all articles offered by publishers other than APA; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to.
- Sage Journals - Journals in business, humanities, social sciences, science, technology, and medicine. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. Volume 1 to present for subscribed titles.
- ScienceDirect - Full text articles in physical, life, cognitive, and social sciences as well as engineering. Includes Science Direct journal archives 1823-1994 and Science Direct Freedom Collection, 1995 - present.
- Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law - Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law brings together, for the first time, all known legal materials on slavery in the United States and the English-speaking world, as well as materials on free African-Americans in the colonies and the U.S. before 1870. Included are every statute passed by every state and colony, all federal statutes, all reported state and federal cases on slavery, and hundreds of books and pamphlets on the subject. In total, the collection contains more than 1,000 titles and nearly 850,000 pages
- Social Science Citation Index - Leading journal content in over 50 social science disciplines. Citations only with links to full text where available. 1970 - present.
- Social Science Database (ProQuest) - Indexing and full text for hundreds of academic journals, providing extensive coverage across a wide range of social science disciplines including anthropology, criminology, economics, education, political science, psychology, social work and sociology.
- Social Science Research Network - Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is a world wide collaborative of over 241,000 authors and more than 1.7 million users that is devoted to the rapid worldwide dissemination of social science research. Founded in 1994, it is composed of a number of specialized research networks in each of the social sciences. Each of SSRN's networks encourages the early distribution of research results by reviewing and distributing submitted abstracts and full text papers from scholars around the world. SSRN encourages readers to communicate directly with other subscribers and authors concerning their own and other's research. Through our email abstract eJournals we currently reach over 400,000 people in approximately 140 different countries.
- Sociology - International literature of sociology and social work, including culture and social structure, history and theory of sociology, social psychology, substance abuse and addiction and more. This collection provides full-text coverage of many core titles included in Sociological Abstracts and Social Services Abstracts.
- Springer Journals - Subjects covered include Architecture and Design, Behavioral Science, Biomedical & Life Sciences, Business & Economics, Chemistry & Materials Science, Computer Science, Earth & Environmental Science, Engineering, Humanities, Social Sciences & Law, Mathematics & Statistics, Medicine, Physics & Astronomy, Professional Computing & Web Design. Journal content only. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. Volume 1 to present for subscribed titles.
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S. (ProQuest) - The ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States is the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political and economic conditions of the United States.
- Web of Science Core Collection - Citations and abstract results to scholarly literature in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities as well as proceedings of international conferences, symposia, seminars, colloquia, workshops, and conventions. Ability for cited reference searching and author finder. Links out to full text if available through another database. 1970 - present.
- Wiley Journals - Covers business; chemistry; computer science; earth and environmental science; education; engineering; law; life sciences; mathematics and statistics; medicine and healthcare; physics and astronomy; polymers and materials science; psychology; and social sciences. Clarkson subscription is to journals only. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to, volume 1 to present.