- APA PsycNet (American Psychological Association) - Abstracts and citations to the scholarly literature in the psychological, social, behavioral, and health sciences. Includes material of relevance to psychologists and professionals in related fields such as psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work. Journal articles, books, chapters, and dissertations. 1926 to present. Contains subset databases PsycArticles and PsycINFO. Access to vol. 1-present of all journals published by the APA. Full text access may not be available for all articles offered by publishers other than APA; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to.
- Artstor - OPEN ACCESS Provides faculty and students with an image resource in a wide array of subjects with the breadth and depth to add context beyond the confines of your discipline. Limited to freely available content.
- Education Journals (ProQuest) - Abstracts and indexing of over 900 education journals, many in full-text. Coverage spans the literature on primary, secondary and higher education as well as special education, home schooling and adult education. Many titles are indexed in the ERIC database.
- Educator's Reference Complete - This collection of more than 1,100 periodicals and 200 reports is a great resource for any educator--from the school teacher and administrator to those studying in the field at the collegiate and graduate level. Educator's Reference Complete seeks to provide full text for titles in the Eric database and covers multiple levels of education from preschool to college, and every educational specialty--such as technology, bilingual education, health education, and testing. It also provides insight on issues in administration, funding, and policy.
- ERIC - OPEN ACCESS Free education-related sources of interest to educators, researchers, and the general public. Primarily electronic bibliographic records describing journal and non-journal literature. US Dept. of Education. Some full text. 1966+
- Fine Arts & Music - Scholarly journals and magazines that support research in areas including drama, music, art history, and filmmaking. The database emphasizes full-text content for publications included in the Wilson Art Index and RILM bibliography.
- Gender Studies Collection - The database offers access to scholarly journals and magazines covering topics including gender studies, family and marital issues, and more. Balanced coverage of this significant aspect of culture and society.
- Google Scholar - Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Connect Google Scholar and Clarkson University
- Gun Registration and Legislation in America -
- JSTOR - Interdisciplinary archive of leading academic journals across the humanities, social sciences, and sciences. Includes images, letters, and other primary sources; begins with volume 1 of subscribed titles up to 3-5 years ago of publication. Current content not available. Clarkson journal collections include Arts & Sciences I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, Business III, & Life Sciences. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to.
- Kids InfoBits - Contains over 100 age-appropriate magazines for grades K-5. Also includes Merriam-Webster's Elementary Dictionary, maps, flags, seals, charts and graphs.
- Omnifile Full Text Select - Covers applied sciences, art, biology and agriculture, education, humanities, law, social sciences, technology, history, ethnic studies, and women's studies. Full text article access. 1994+
- Opposing Viewpoints - Provides full text access to differing points of view on current social issues. Brings together viewpoint articles, contextual topic overviews, government and organizational statistics, biographies of social activists, court cases, profiles of government agencies and special interest groups, newspaper and magazine articles, as well as links to more than 1,800 reviewed and subject-indexed web sites. 1980 - present.
- ProQuest Central - Covers more than 160 subjects areas and features a diversified mix of content including scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, books, newspapers, reports and videos. Full-text and citation results.
- ProQuest Research Library - A subset of ProQuest Complete. A diversified mix of scholarly journals, professional and trade publications, and magazines covering over 150 subjects and topics. in all instances. Full text included.
- Psychology Collection - Academic journals and magazines that cover the study of emotions, personality, and the human mind. Content of interest to both researchers and general users.
- Psychology Journals - Abstracts and indexing for more than 640 titles, with over 540 titles available in full text. Many titles are indexed in PsycINFO. Coverage ranges from behavioral, clinical, cognitive, developmental, experimental, industrial and social psychology, along with personality, psychobiology and psychometrics.
- PsycNET - Abstracts and citations to the scholarly literature in the psychological, social, behavioral, and health sciences. Includes material of relevance to psychologists and professionals in related fields such as psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work. Journal articles, books, chapters, and dissertations. 1926 to present. Contains subset databases PsycArticles and PsycINFO. Access to vol. 1-present of all journals published by the APA. Full text access may not be available for all articles offered by publishers other than APA; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to.
- ScienceDirect - Full text articles and eBooks in physical, life, cognitive, and social sciences as well as engineering. Includes ScienceDirect journal archives 1823-1994 and Science Direct Freedom Collection, 1995 - present. Includes thousands of e-books with broad and favorable rights for scientific, scholarly and educational uses. Subjects include life, health and physical sciences, social sciences, and the humanities.
- Social Science Database (ProQuest) - Indexing and full text for hundreds of academic journals, providing extensive coverage across a wide range of social science disciplines including anthropology, criminology, economics, education, political science, psychology, social work and sociology.
- Social Science Research Network - Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is a world wide collaborative of over 241,000 authors and more than 1.7 million users that is devoted to the rapid worldwide dissemination of social science research. Founded in 1994, it is composed of a number of specialized research networks in each of the social sciences. Each of SSRN's networks encourages the early distribution of research results by reviewing and distributing submitted abstracts and full text papers from scholars around the world. SSRN encourages readers to communicate directly with other subscribers and authors concerning their own and other's research. Through our email abstract eJournals we currently reach over 400,000 people in approximately 140 different countries.
- Sociology - International literature of sociology and social work, including culture and social structure, history and theory of sociology, social psychology, substance abuse and addiction and more. This collection provides full-text coverage of many core titles included in Sociological Abstracts and Social Services Abstracts.
- Springer Journals - Subjects covered include Architecture and Design, Behavioral Science, Biomedical & Life Sciences, Business & Economics, Chemistry & Materials Science, Computer Science, Earth & Environmental Science, Engineering, Humanities, Social Sciences & Law, Mathematics & Statistics, Medicine, Physics & Astronomy, Professional Computing & Web Design. Journal content only. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. Volume 1 to present for subscribed titles.
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S. (ProQuest) - The ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States is the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political and economic conditions of the United States.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education - The Chronicle of Higher Education has the nation’s largest newsroom dedicated to covering colleges and universities. As the unrivaled leader in higher education journalism, we serve our readers with indispensable real-time news and deep insights, plus the essential tools, career opportunities, and knowledge to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
- Wiley Journals - Covers business; chemistry; computer science; earth and environmental science; education; engineering; law; life sciences; mathematics and statistics; medicine and healthcare; physics and astronomy; polymers and materials science; psychology; and social sciences. Clarkson subscription is to journals only. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to, volume 1 to present.