Skip to content
- Access Medicine - Leading medical texts covering a complete spectrum of medical care including internal medicine and medical diagnosis and treatment topics. 250+ procedural & examination videos, patient safety modules, audiofiles, and animations. Quick medical reference tools including diagnostic tests, a comprehensive drug database, self -assessment tools, and patient education on over 7000 topics.
- Access Physiotherapy - 20+ leading physical therapy textbooks. 500+ narrated teaching videos on exercise and rehabilitation techniques, kinetics, and physical therapy interventions. Reference resources such as an interactive cadaver dissection tool, interactive self-assessment questionnaires, quick-answer common-condition outlines, and a comprehensive PT lecture series.
- CINAHL - Provides indexing for journals from the fields of nursing and allied health. Complete coverage of English-language nursing journals and publications from the National League for Nursing and the American Nurses' Association. Nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and allied health disciplines. Also offers access to health care books, nursing dissertations, selected conference proceedings, standards of practice, educational software, audiovisuals and book chapters. Searchable cited references for most of the indexed journals are also included. Full text material includes many journals plus legal cases, clinical innovations, critical paths, drug records, research instruments and clinical trials. 1987+
- Cochrane Library - Medical reviews and protocol. It provides up-to-date information on the effects of interventions in health care and evidence to support decisions taking in health care and to those receiving health care. Search for systematic reviews, protocols, trials, methods studies, and more. Consists of 7 databases reflecting evidence-based medicine: Cochrane database of systematic reviews (meta analsyses summarizing and interpreting results of medical research); Database of abstracts of reviews of effectiveness (DARE); Cochrane central register of controlled trials (CENTRAL); Cochrane database of methodology reviews; Cochrane methodology register; Health technology assessment database (HTA); and NHS Economic evaluation database (NHS EED).
- Complete Anatomy / 3D4Medical - An interactive, advanced, and comprehensive 3D anatomy software that is useful in the classroom, lab, and clinical setting. The mobile app allows users to view and manipulate 12 different body systems on multiple levels and utilize tools for exploration. You must download the app and register as a Clarkson user for full access.
More Info on Access and Account Activation
- Consumer Health - Consumer health - journal articles and magazines covering an enormous range of health subjects, from sports injuries to women's health, from food and nutrition to midwifery, from eye care to dentistry Full Text Included
- Health & Medical Complete - Clinical and biomedical, consumer health, health administration, etc.; comprehensive journal coverage of clinical and biomedical topics, consumer health, health administration and more. Full Text Included
- Health & Medicine Reference - Medical and professional periodicals, health and fitness magazines, and reference books and pamphlets. The database is designed for both nursing and allied health students as well as consumer health researchers. The material contained in this database is intended for informational purposes only.
- Healthcare Administration - A collection of reliable and relevant resources in the field of health administration, including journals and dissertations. Full Text Included
- Medline via FirstSearch - The United States National Library of Medicine (NLM) life science database. Biomedicine and life sciences, bioengineering, public health, clinical care, and plant and animal science. Can be searched with MeSH terms and CAS registry numbers. Provides citations and abstracts. Medline is a subset of the PubMed database.
- Medline via Web of Science - The United States National Library of Medicine (NLM) life science database. Biomedicine and life sciences, bioengineering, public health, clinical care, and plant and animal science. Can be searched with MeSH terms and CAS registry numbers. Provides citations and abstracts. Medline is a subset of the PubMed database.
- Nursing & Allied Health Collection - Academic journals and other reference content covering all aspects of the nursing profession, from direct patient care to health care administration. Current and authoritative content for professionals already working in the field as well as students pursuing a nursing-focused curriculum.
- Nursing & Allied Health Source - Reliable, comprehensive coverage of the fields of nursing and allied health including journals, video, dissertations, reference books and more. Full Text Included
- OT Seeker - (Open Access) Published in Australia, this a public database that "contains abstracts of systematic reviews, randomized controlled trials and other resources relevant to occupational therapy interventions. Most trials have been critically appraised for their validity and interpretability".
- PEDro - (Open Access) PEDro is a public, "Physiotherapy Evidence Database of over 29,00 randomized trials, systemic reviews and clinical practice guidelines in physiotherapy". Partnered with the APTA & affiliated with the University of Sydney. Updated monthly.
- Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine - Academic journals and magazines covering the fields of fitness and sports. Includes a wide spectrum of information, including proven treatment techniques, experimental research, and more.
- PsycNET - Abstracts and citations to the scholarly literature in the psychological, social, behavioral, and health sciences. Includes material of relevance to psychologists and professionals in related fields such as psychiatry, management, business, education, social science, neuroscience, law, medicine, and social work. Journal articles, books, chapters, and dissertations. 1926 to present. Contains subset databases PsycArticles and PsycINFO. Access to vol. 1-present of all journals published by the APA. Full text access may not be available for all articles offered by publishers other than APA; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to.
- PubMed - Articles in all fields of medicine and biomedicine, with abstract and links to additional resources from the National Library of Medicine. 1950+
- REHABDATA - (Open Access) A literature database on disability and rehabilitation. It covers physical, mental, and psychiatric disabilities, independent living, vocational rehabilitation, special education, assistive technology, law, employment, and other issues as they relate to people with disabilities.
- TRIP Database - A clinical search engine designed to allow users to quickly and easily find and use research evidence. Content types include images, videos, patient information leaflets, educational courses and news. Sources from 1997 - present
- UpToDate - An evidence-based clinical tool that provides current options for diagnosis, therapy, and treatment at the point of patient care. Includes drug efficacy, doses, and interactions as well as screening and prevention strategies. NOTE: UpToDate can be accessed from any computer on campus without registering. For off campus access it is necessary to register an account. This must be done while on campus (from a Clarkson IP address). Click "Register" located in the top navigation bar of the UpToDate page and complete the required information, creating a username and password. A confirmation email will be sent to you with information about the UpToDate mobile app. In order to maintain access you must re-verify your Clarkson affiliation once every 90 days. Do this by logging in to UpToDate on a campus computer.
- Web of Science Core Collection - Citations and abstract results to scholarly literature in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities as well as proceedings of international conferences, symposia, seminars, colloquia, workshops, and conventions. Ability for cited reference searching and author finder. Links out to full text if available through another database. 1970 - present.