Skip to content
- AIO-Anthropological Index Online - This open access database indexes the content of nearly 4,000 periodical titles from the Anthropology library and Research Centre at the British Museum, as well as films from the Royal Anthropological Institute, covering all branches and areas of anthropology. No full text. 1957 - present.
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science) - Leading arts and humanities journals with selected, relevant items from major science and social science journals. Art, music, literature, history. Citations only with links to full text where available. 1975 - present
- Criminal Justice - Criminology and criminal justice - journal articles. A comprehensive database supporting research on crime, its causes and impacts, legal and social implications, as well as litigation and crime trends. As well as U.S. and international scholarly journals, it includes correctional and law enforcement trade publications, crime reports, crime blogs and other material relevant for researchers or those preparing for careers in criminal justice, law enforcement and related fields. Full text included.
- Criminal Justice Collection - Academic journals and magazines on topics in criminal justice and related fields. Key subjects covered in the database include law, law enforcement, security, and terrorism.
- Fine Arts & Music - Scholarly journals and magazines that support research in areas including drama, music, art history, and filmmaking. The database emphasizes full-text content for publications included in the Wilson Art Index and RILM bibliography.
- Gender Studies Collection - The database offers access to scholarly journals and magazines covering topics including gender studies, family and marital issues, and more. Balanced coverage of this significant aspect of culture and society.
- HeinOnline - HeinOnline is a premier online database containing more than 158 million pages and 200,000 titles of historical and government documents in a fully searchable, image-based format. HeinOnline bridges an important research gap by providing comprehensive coverage from inception of more than 2,600 law-related periodicals. In addition to its vast collection of academic journals, HeinOnline contains the entire Congressional Record, Federal Register, and Code of Federal Regulations, complete coverage of the U.S. Reports back to 1754, and entire databases dedicated to treaties, constitutions, case law, world trials, classic treatises, international trade, foreign relations, U.S. Presidents, and much more.
- HeinOnline Democracy in America
- HeinOnline Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture, & Law - This HeinOnline collection brings together a multitude of essential legal materials on slavery in the United States and the English-speaking world.
- Humanities & Social Sciences Index Retrospective - Citations to journal articles and book reviews covering a wide range of interdisciplinary fields from a broad array of humanities and social sciences journals. 1907 - 1984.
- JSTOR - Interdisciplinary archive of leading academic journals across the humanities, social sciences, and sciences. Includes images, letters, and other primary sources; begins with volume 1 of subscribed titles up to 3-5 years ago of publication. Current content not available. Clarkson journal collections include Arts & Sciences I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, Business III, & Life Sciences. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to.
- KCI Korean Journal Database - KCI is managed by the National Research Foundation of Korea and contains bibliographic information for multidisciplinary scholarly literature published in Korea. Citations only with links to full text where available. 1980 - present.
- Omnifile Full Text Select - Covers applied sciences, art, biology and agriculture, education, humanities, law, social sciences, technology, history, ethnic studies, and women's studies. Full text article access. 1994+
- Opposing Viewpoints - Provides full text access to differing points of view on current social issues. Brings together viewpoint articles, contextual topic overviews, government and organizational statistics, biographies of social activists, court cases, profiles of government agencies and special interest groups, newspaper and magazine articles, as well as links to more than 1,800 reviewed and subject-indexed web sites. 1980 - present.
- ProQuest Central - Covers more than 160 subjects areas and features a diversified mix of content including scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, books, newspapers, reports and videos. Full-text and citation results.
- ProQuest Research Library - A subset of ProQuest Complete. A diversified mix of scholarly journals, professional and trade publications, and magazines covering over 150 subjects and topics. in all instances. Full text included.
- Reader's Guide Retrospective (1890-1982) - Articles in US and Canadian popular magazines, 1890-1982.
- Religion - A wide range of international periodicals for diverse religious and spiritual studies, covering formal theological studies of major religions, as well as the most recent trends and scholarly thought. Included are titles from religious publishing bodies and nondenominational organizations. The resource reflects a wide spectrum of religious belief systems and supports the global study of religion. 1986 to current. Full Text Included
- Religion & Philosophy Collection - Scholarly journals and magazines of interest to both researchers and general users. Balanced content that covers topics across a wide range of philosophies and religions.
- Sage Journals - Journals in business, humanities, social sciences, science, technology, and medicine. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. Volume 1 to present for subscribed titles.
- ScienceDirect - Full text articles in physical, life, cognitive, and social sciences as well as engineering. Includes Science Direct journal archives 1823-1994 and Science Direct Freedom Collection, 1995 - present.
- Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law - Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law brings together, for the first time, all known legal materials on slavery in the United States and the English-speaking world, as well as materials on free African-Americans in the colonies and the U.S. before 1870. Included are every statute passed by every state and colony, all federal statutes, all reported state and federal cases on slavery, and hundreds of books and pamphlets on the subject. In total, the collection contains more than 1,000 titles and nearly 850,000 pages
- Social Science Citation Index - Leading journal content in over 50 social science disciplines. Citations only with links to full text where available. 1970 - present.
- Social Science Database (ProQuest) - Indexing and full text for hundreds of academic journals, providing extensive coverage across a wide range of social science disciplines including anthropology, criminology, economics, education, political science, psychology, social work and sociology.
- Social Science Research Network - Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is a world wide collaborative of over 241,000 authors and more than 1.7 million users that is devoted to the rapid worldwide dissemination of social science research. Founded in 1994, it is composed of a number of specialized research networks in each of the social sciences. Each of SSRN's networks encourages the early distribution of research results by reviewing and distributing submitted abstracts and full text papers from scholars around the world. SSRN encourages readers to communicate directly with other subscribers and authors concerning their own and other's research. Through our email abstract eJournals we currently reach over 400,000 people in approximately 140 different countries.
- Sociology - International literature of sociology and social work, including culture and social structure, history and theory of sociology, social psychology, substance abuse and addiction and more. This collection provides full-text coverage of many core titles included in Sociological Abstracts and Social Services Abstracts.
- Springer Journals - Subjects covered include Architecture and Design, Behavioral Science, Biomedical & Life Sciences, Business & Economics, Chemistry & Materials Science, Computer Science, Earth & Environmental Science, Engineering, Humanities, Social Sciences & Law, Mathematics & Statistics, Medicine, Physics & Astronomy, Professional Computing & Web Design. Journal content only. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to. Volume 1 to present for subscribed titles.
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S. (ProQuest) - The ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States is the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political and economic conditions of the United States.
- U.S. History Collection - Scholarly journals and magazines useful to both novice historians as well as advanced academic researchers. Balanced coverage of events in U.S. history and scholarly work being established in the field.
- War & Terrorism Collection - Academic journals and magazines of interest to analysts, risk management professionals, and students of military science, history, and social science. Balanced coverage of both historic and contemporary topics in the fields of war and terrorism.
- Web of Science Core Collection - Citations and abstract results to scholarly literature in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities as well as proceedings of international conferences, symposia, seminars, colloquia, workshops, and conventions. Ability for cited reference searching and author finder. Links out to full text if available through another database. 1970 - present.
- Wiley Journals - Covers business; chemistry; computer science; earth and environmental science; education; engineering; law; life sciences; mathematics and statistics; medicine and healthcare; physics and astronomy; polymers and materials science; psychology; and social sciences. Clarkson subscription is to journals only. Full text access may not be available for all articles found; limited to titles that Clarkson subscribes to, volume 1 to present.
- World History Collection - Scholarly journals and magazines useful to both novice historians as well as advanced academic researchers. Balanced coverage of events in world history and scholarly work being established in the field.