The Clarkson University Libraries purchase eBooks from varying platforms. Some require an account set-up and plugin installation. Some only allow one user per title at a time or prevent downloading entirely. Borrowing eBooks from other libraries is usually not allowed by publishers. To access eBooks that are not owned by the Clarkson University Libraries you will have to request a print copy.
If you need help, Ask Us!
- Access Medicine - Leading medical texts covering a complete spectrum of medical care including internal medicine and medical diagnosis and treatment topics. 250+ procedural & examination videos, patient safety modules, audiofiles, and animations. Quick medical reference tools including diagnostic tests, a comprehensive drug database, self -assessment tools, and patient education on over 7000 topics.
- Access Physiotherapy - 20+ leading physical therapy textbooks. 500+ narrated teaching videos on exercise and rehabilitation techniques, kinetics, and physical therapy interventions. Reference resources such as an interactive cadaver dissection tool, interactive self-assessment questionnaires, quick-answer common-condition outlines, and a comprehensive PT lecture series.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics - An authoritative resource consisting of tables of data and current international recommendations on nomenclature, symbols, and units, its usefulness spans not only the physical sciences but also related areas of biology, geology, and environmental science.
- Encyclopedia Brittanica - The Encyclopædia Britannica is a general knowledge English-language encyclopaedia which is now published exclusively as an online encyclopaedia
- HeinOnline Democracy in America - This meticulously researched edition of the classic provides full-text links to de Tocqueville's literary influences and secondary references, as well as more than 1,000 annotations that offer insight into de Tocqueville's mindset.
- Institute of Physics eBook Collection - Our ebook collections offer high-quality research across the physical sciences. They have been created to meet the needs of students, early-career researchers and established leaders in the respective fields.
- Kirk-Othemer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology - Engineering Handbook
- Knovel - Essential industry technical reference handbooks in a variety of engineering disciplines. Full-text content includes materials and substance data, equations and interactive charts and graphs. 40+ titles.
- OverDrive eBook Collection - Current bestseller and popular fiction, non-fiction and current event titles, biographies, and language learning. Download ebook and MP3 audiobook titles for offline access. Read or listen on your computer, phone, iPad, or tablet.
- Oxford English Dictionary - The definitive record of the English language.
- ProQuest Central - Covers more than 160 subjects areas and features a diversified mix of content including scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, books, newspapers, reports and videos. Full-text and citation results.
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Ebooks in a broad range of subject areas.
- ProQuest Reference Ebooks - An authoritative, user-friendly reference point for researchers, teachers, and students, the Reference Ebook collection contains high-demand handbooks, encyclopedias, manuals, guides, and dictionaries.
- Skillsoft Books - Leading computing, technical and business titles (including software manuals), as well as desktop videos on a variety of IT topics. This database requires setting up an account within the interface. You must use your Clarkson email address to register but use a self-created username and password.
Most of the sites allow browsing or searching by author, title, or subject.