We are holding appointments pretty much as usual through Google Meet. They are 30 minute sessions.
To make an appointment, use this link APPOINTMENT LINK.
You may also email us at (email@example.com). The auto-responder will give you the email link to the appointment scheduler.
(Do not use the contact form on this site for appointment requests.) If you call us at 315-268-4439, please leave your email address with the other info, below, if you leave a voicemail. NOTE: We will not be able to call you back if you have a long-distance phone number.
Please include the following so we can ideally plan for your visit:
- Your Name
- Course (e.g. Com 217 Public Speaking)
- Instructor’s Name
- Your Email (if you are calling in)
- Assignment Type (e.g. Speech Review)
- What Kind of Help you Need (e.g. Grammar Check and Organization)
How to Prepare for a Writing Center Consulting Session
- Please share your Google Doc of the project or paper with firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be able to pull up the assignment requirements to share with the tutor through screen share.
- The best preparation is to know before you arrive exactly what you hope to get out of your time at the Writing Center. You may have a long document that we will not be able to cover line-by-line. Since we will have limited time together, what are your priorities? Read over your document thoroughly and thoughtfully. What questions do you have? Be prepared to identify your greatest challenges and needs to make the most of your session.
- Although it isn’t always possible, try to proofread your writing so that the consultant knows that any errors remaining are those you might need to discuss in your session. Bringing a rough draft that has not been spell-checked is not the best use of our consultants’ time (or yours), and he or she may request you proofread and spell-check and return in another session before continuing.
- If your paper or project is more than 4-5 pages, please identify those pages or sections on which you want to focus most.