Mental health refers to our emotional, behavioral, and cognitive well-being. The condition of our mental health can positively or negatively affect our physical health, relationships, and daily lives. Maintaining health in this area allows you to reach your full potential.
If you would like to request face-to-face services at SHAC, please complete the Student Information Form and Consent form by clicking on the links below.
Offers a Wide range of online and digital services to all Clarkson students , available in Potsdam or nationwide:
- Self-Care – short, self-guided wellness courses for students wanting to reduce stress, navigate difficult situations, and build healthy relationships
- Emotional Wellness Coaching– short-term, goal-oriented intervention for students wanting self-management strategies
- Therapy– holistic, evidence-based care provided by a highly trained therapist who understands the student experience
- Psychiatry– high-quality psychiatric care for students with severe anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and other conditions
- On-Demand Emotional Support– in-the-moment support and problem-solving with a mental health professional
- 24/7 Crisis Support– bi-lingual crisis support staff available via phone, text, or chat for students in distress
Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime
Free, confidential, non-judgmental crisis and information hotline serving residents of St. Lawrence County.
- North Country Crisis Helpline
Assistance offered by Behavioral Health Services North for help with mental health, substance abuse, trauma, violence, or other difficulties that affect emotional well-being.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Provides 24/7, free, and confidential support for people in distress, as well as prevention and crisis resources.
Black Emotional and Mental Health (BEAM)
A collective of advocates, yoga teachers, artists, therapists, lawyers, religious leaders, teachers, psychologists and activists committed to the emotional/mental health and healing of Black communities. Includes the Black Virtual Wellness Directory.
Black Mental Health Alliance
Find culturally-competent and patient-centered licensed mental health professionals.
- Call Blackline
24/7 peer support, counseling, witnessing and affirmation for those most impacted by systematic oppression with an LGBTQ+ Black femme lens and prioritizes BIPOC.
- Crisis Text Line
Text HOME to 741741
Every texter is connected with a crisis counselor, a real-life human being trained to bring texters from a hot moment to a cool calm through active listening and collaborative problem solving.
National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline. Help available 24/7.
800-662-4357 National Helpline
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Many resources on this site for finding individual treatment or programs.
- Trans Lifeline
A trans-led organization that connects trans people to the community, support, and resources they need to survive and thrive.
- The Trevor Project
text START to 678678
chat available from the website
The leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth.
- Veterans Crisis Line
chat available from the website
Confidential support for veterans, service members, and their family members or friends. Connect with caring, qualified, VA responders through chat, texting, or the phone. Available 24/7 . Free, anonymous.