ES 110: Engineering and Society
This guide will help direct you to resources for the History and Development of Technology project.
Available in PRINT in the Reference Collection or General Collection of the Clarkson main library. Find them on the shelf according to their call number listed under the title.
Try exploring technology history in one of these texts.
Explore the library catalog for more print titles on your topic.
Explore e-book collections for even more!
Reference Collection (these titles are in-library use only and may not be checked out)
- Milestones in Science and Technology: The Ready Reference Guide to Discoveries, Inventions, and Fact
REF 509 M928m
- Encyclopedia of Physical Science and Technology
REF 503.21 E56
- McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology
REF 503 M147e7
- World of Scientific Discovery: Scientific Milestones and the People Who Made Them Possible
REF 500 W927
- Reader’s Guide to The History of Science
REF 509 R286 2000
- When Technology Fails: Significant Technological Disasters, Accidents, and Failures of the Twentieth Century
REF 363.1 W567
For Historic Context
- The Timetables of History
REF 902.02 G888t3
- The Timetables of American History
REF 973.312 T583
General Collection (these titles may be checked out from the library)
- A History of Technology & Invention: Progress Through the Ages
- A History of Mechanical Inventions
- A Short History of Technology
- Discovery and Invention of the 20th Century
- Thinkers and Doers
- Engineering and Society: Challenges of Professional Practice
Select e-book titles
Click on a cover to connect with the text.
Find more by exploring our e-book collections.
Technology, Humans, and Society
An Encyclopaedia of the History of Technology
Inside the Politics of Technology