What is Ageism?
Ageism is “the stereotyping, prejudice, and discrimination against people on the basis of their age.” – World Health Organization
This Chair Rocks: A Manifesto Against Ageism – Ashton Applewhite
Betrayed: The Legalization of Age Discrimination in the Workplace – Patricia Barnes
Ageism: Stereotyping & Prejudice Against Older Persons – Todd Nelson
What’s Wrong with Children’s Rights – Martin Guggenheim
Parental Rights, Best Interests & Significant Harms: Medical Decision-Making on Behalf of Children Post-Great Ormond Street Hospital v. Gard – Imogen Goold et al.
Articles & Databases
News & Popular Reading
- Can We Talk About Ageism in Picture Books?
- Why Ageism Never Gets Old
- The Ugly Truth About Ageism: It’s a Prejudice Targeting Our Future Selves
- Children Are Asking the Internet How to Get Vaccinated Without Their Parents’ Consent
- Saying Yes: Minors Ability to Consent Permission Stories
- When Should Minors Make Their Own Medical Decisions?
- Ageism: A Prevalent and Insidious Health Threat
- The Special Problem of the “Younger Older Worker:” Reverse Age Discrimination and the ADEA
- Ageism & Age Discrimination in Health Care: Fact or Fiction?
- Age Discrimination in Education: Developments in Discrimination Law
- Perceived Age Discrimination & Mental Health
Find more here.
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – Bullying
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – Cyberbullying
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – Elderly Issues
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – Retirement Age
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – Student Activism & Free Speech
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – Student Rights
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – Teens & Privacy
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – Terminal Care
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – Zero-Tolerance Policies
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints – Millennial Generation