All steps in this tutorial are assuming you are logged into your website and located on the dashboard or the main page.
Information about Alerts:
There are two things that need to be mentioned here. There is the type of banner (or notification) that will be displayed on the page, or, on a site as a whole, and then there is the icon size, which dictates how big the icon will appear or not appear at all. The options are listed below:
- type (defines the style of the alert box):
- info (display a info style box)
- success (display a success style box)
- warning (display a warning style box)
- danger (display a danger style box)
- icon_size (defines the icon size):
- normal (icon normal size)
- small (icon small size)
- big (icon big size)
- hide-icon (no display the icon)
- [/alert type=”type” icon-size=”icon-size”/]Your text here[/alert]
- Click to the specific page that you are seeking to place the banner.
- Click ‘edit’ below the title or click on the title itself.
- Click on the rounded plus sign icon on the left hand side of the block, select the short code icon.
- Copy the above short code into the short code block.
- Remove the first forward slash (/) and the second forward slash (/) that is after the icon-size=”icon-size” part.
- Change the type within the quotes (“”) and the icon size within the quotes (“”).
- Add the text you want to be displayed as the notification.
- Update your page, and view the banner.