Steps to Searching the Literature in Health Sciences
A comprehensive step-by-step guide from U. Toronto Health Sciences Library that helps you how to properly and effectively conduct comprehensive searches of the literature.
Use this site to find articles similar to ones you have already found.
Be sure to also check out tutorials on searching specific databases.
Understand Types of Lit Reviews
- What’s a literature review? A scoping review? A systematic review?
- Knowledge Syntheses: Systematic, Scoping, and Other Review Types
Know the Science!
- Make Sense of health research articles and understand the basics of scientific studies.
- A Simple Guide to Reading an Abstract
Find a Specific Journal
- Does Clarkson subscribe to the journal you need?
- Is it a high quality journal (what’s the Impact Factor)?
Write a Systematic Review